Following up on yesterday’s “5 Ways to Mortify Your School-Age Child,” I give you these 5 ways to score big…
- Back into the lunch lady’s car in the school parking lot.
- Sample the jelly beans before you put them into your grocery cart.
- Drive for 35 miles with the B-52’s Rock Lobster on endless repeat (my kids tell me that some youtube thing called The Hamster Dance is another new favorite—check it out…if you dare.)
- Hire a costumed Link (the digital hero from the video game Zelda), to spend the afternoon with your child, with the understanding that battle-ax construction, insider gaming tips, and bottomless salty snack foods are part of the package.
- Frequently pepper the word ‘underpants’ into casual conversation, as in “Do you know what Daddy found in the attic? Albert Einstein‘s underpants!!!”
Again, your suggestions are welcome—send me your comments, and I’ll post ’em!! Imagine how big we’ll score with our kids if we just put our heads together!