1. With the Brunswick Doverama’s special certificate, kids can bowl one free game (with shoe rental) per kid per day for the whole summer.
2. There’s a 99 cent game special for everyone, all day on Tuesdays.
3. You can tell by the name that just adding ‘rama’ to the end of ‘Dover’ suddenly makes it sound really fun and bowling-ish.
4. Bumpers. LOOOOVE the bumpers. Gutters equals scary, bowling ball magnet and sad zero-scoring children. Gutters bad…bumpers good.
5. Thanks to the indoor smoking ban, bowling no longer necessitates intense laundering session to wash cigarette stink from my favorite summer clothes.
6. They may be rented, but I really dig bowling shoes. I even considered buying a pair to wear in my everyday, non-bowling life. They’re so funky and retro–I love ’em!
7. For 2 bucks in quarters, you can feed your children a candy lunch using only the coin op jaw breaker dispensers in the lobby.
8. Electronic scoring–with velocity tracking–how awesome is that? Now I can verify that little Jaki Farley’s ball really WAS going down the lane at .5 mph.
9. Cosmic bowling–at noon! The lights go down, the disco lights come up, the bad ’80’s music videos come on, and the party, my friend, has started!
10. This past Tuesday I bowled 7 strikes in 2 games–3 of them in the 10th frame of game 1. And no, they weren’t because of the bumpers. Call me a turkey if you will; I will wear the name with pride.